Dubai: One of the premier stock exchanges in the region, Dubai Financial Market (DFM) will be governed by a revamped Board of Directors as H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance, and Head of the Securities and Exchange Higher Committee declared new additions to the exchange’s leadership team.
The newly appointed DFM board of directors include;
- Helal Saeed Al Marri, Director General of Dubai World Trade Centre Authority (DWTCA)
- Abdulqader Obaid Ali, Chairman of the Board – UAE Internal Audit Association
- Yuvraj Narayan, Group Chief Financial Officer, DP World
- Wesam Lootah, Chief Executive Officer of the Smart Dubai Government Establishment
- Abdulwahid Alulama, Partner – White & Case LLP
- Moaza Al Marri, Communications and Marketing Expert and
- Mohammed Humaid Al Mari, Financial and Administrative Expert and Member of the UAE Accountants and Auditors Association.
Mr. Helal Saeed Al Marri, New chair of Dubai Financial Market (DFM)
During his interaction, H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum expressed his gratitude to Mr. Essa Kazim, the former chair of DFM for his efforts to manage the exchange since its inception 20 years ago.
“Essa Kazim contributed to the establishment and management of the Dubai Financial Market for many years, and his efforts will always be appreciated,” the Deputy Ruler of Dubai remarked.
H.H. Sheikh Maktoum directed the new board of directors to develop plans and strategies to achieve the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to spur growth and double the size of Dubai’s financial markets to $816.73 billion in the coming period.
H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum had recently assigned H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed to supervise the financial markets and stock exchanges in Dubai and oversee the comprehensive development of the financial markets to meet the requirements of the current phase of development, and consolidate Dubai’s leading position as one of the most important and active financial markets at both regional and global levels.
Most Read: These are the Instagram Rulers from the GCC