Abu Dhabi: Pokémon in the UAE are all set for a treat as the inaugural Pokémon GO Tour: Live Event comes to Yas Island, Abu Dhabi.
The live global event, planned for Saturday, 26th February, 2022 will also be run concurrently at Parque Fundidora, Monterrey, Mexico and Taiwan Lantern Festival, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
Niantic, US-based AR company behind Pokémon GO will host the global event in collaboration with the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi (DCT Abu Dhabi), Miral and AD Gaming.
Yas Island’s newly opened Yas Bay Waterfront will be used as the venue for the much-anticipated event which is a first for the UAE and the region.
The ticketed event will have real-world habitats, special in-game features, photo ops, a special game plan and exclusive merchandise targeted at die-hard as well as new fans of the game.
ABU DHABI GAMING INDUSTRY
With the gaming industry being deemed as a priority sector, Abu Dhabi has made some substantial commitment for its growth. Earlier in the year, DCT Abu Dhabi revealed an $8.17 billion investment strategy to accelerate Culture and Creative Industries (CCI) in the UAE capital. Meanwhile, regional media zone TwoFour54 unveiled AD Gaming, a new initiative to consolidate the emirate’s efforts to build a gaming and E-sports gaming community.
Gamers of the Pokémon GO Tour: Live Event will be able to access exclusive features: –
- Eggs placed in Incubators during the event will require one-quarter the usual walking distance to hatch.
- Earn twice the Candy from hatching Eggs.
- Extra Candy from catching featured Pokémon initially discovered in Kanto.
- Up to nine free Raid Passes from spinning Photo Discs at Gyms.
- Event-exclusive Special Research.
- An exclusive in-game medal.
- Special stickers will be available from PokéStops and Gifts.
- Confetti will be appearing on the in-game map during the event.
Apart from the Yas Bay Waterfront area, the live event will also enable gamers to extensively explore the emirate’s other milestones such as the five-star Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island Hotel, and the iconic and first multi-purpose indoor entertainment venue Etihad Arena.