Dubai: On behalf of UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, has inaugurated the 4th Ordinary Session of the 17th Legislative Chapter of the Federal National Council (FNC).
Crown Princes, Deputy Rulers, senior civilian and military officials, and members of the diplomatic corps attended the Inauguration ceremony. Sheikh Mohammed inaugurated the session, wishing FNC members the best for the new session.
Mr. Saqr Ghobash, FNC Speaker, welcomed the audience and expressed the gratitude towards the leadership for their support. Mr. Ghobash remarked that the country’s economic development remains as the highest priority in addition to its sovereignty and security.
The session also declared that citizens always remain as the primary focus of the government.
The FNC Speaker also emphasized the Council’s desire to concentrate on issues affecting the nation and its people. Mr. Ghobash stated that the FNC planned to continue working together with the government to carry out its legislative responsibilities and oversee its work in a number of sectors, particularly infrastructure, housing, healthcare, and education.
The inaugural session was also attended by;
- Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai
- Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah
- Sheikh Ammar bin Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Crown Prince of Ajman
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Crown Prince of Ras Al Khaimah
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi, Crown Prince of Fujairah and
- Sheikh Ahmed bin Saud bin Rashid Al Mualla, Vice Chairman of the Executive Council of the Emirate of Umm Al Quwain.