Abu Dhabi: The Minister of Tolerance and Coexistence, and Chairman of Khalifa International Award for Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation Board of Trustees, Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan has inaugurated the International Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation Electronic library.
The library accommodates 230+ books in English, French and Arabic languages.
The UAE Minister also unveiled Khalifa International Award’s Video Library, a repository of 195+ videos, in both English and Arabic languages, documenting the Award’s journey of activities and events, over fifteen years.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Abdelouahhab Zaid, Award’s Secretary General, remarked that the newly launched physical and video libraries came from the Award’s keenness and sense of responsibility of spreading scientific knowledge in line with the global digital transformation, and highlighting the success achieved by the Award during its 15 years journey of leading the development of date palm cultivation sector, and agricultural innovation regionally and internationally.
Apart from literature from International Experts and Researchers, The International Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation Electronic Library houses contributions from a number of prestigious regional and international organizations, which enrich the library with scientific publications such as;
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Arab Organization for Agricultural Development (AOAD)
- International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA)
- The Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) and
- International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA)
The Khalifa International Award for Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation E-Library was launched on 24th June, 2020, coinciding with the Pandemic.
The Award’s E-Library, available in both Arabic and English languages, includes 400+ specialized scientific sources that were classified into 8 main categories:
- The Award’s Yearbook (12 Editions)
- The Blessed Tree Magazine (34 Issues)
- The Photography Book (12 Editions)
- The Winners’ Book (12 Editions)
- Media Reports (205 Reports)
- Scientific books (41 Publications)
- Scientific virtual lecture series (33 Presentations) and
- 50 Booklets.
All publications and content of the library can be browsed and downloaded free of charge, through the website