Sharjah: H.H. Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah recently called upon managing editors of cultural and literary magazines issued by Department of Culture (DC) at Dr. Sultan Al Qasimi Centre.
Sheikh Sultan greeted the attendees, commending the Department of Culture’s continuous efforts in the field of cultural publishing, and the enlightened materials and ideas presented through various magazines in varied fields, stressing on the significant contribution to supporting the cultural process in the Emirate.
The Ruler of Sharjah brought the attention to the importance of integrated efforts which would contribute to achieving the cultural vision of Sharjah as well as preserving the distinguished qualitative achievements of by the Emirate in various fields of knowledge.
Sheikh Sultan reviewed Sharjah’s pioneering experience in the field of culture over many years, recalling the various stages it went through, especially in terms of cultural publications.
The interaction with managing editors discussed about the specialized magazines issued and supervised by Sharjah DC in the cultural fields, including Theater Magazine, Sharjah Cultural Magazine, Al Heera from Sharjah, Al Sharqiya, Al Wusta, and Al Rafid.
The Sharjah Ruler also took the opportunity to highlight the significance of developing work during the upcoming period in the field of cultural media work to attract more talented young writers to write in theatre, poetry, novel, story and other types of culture.
Prominent representatives who took part at the interaction included;
- Abdullah bin Muhammad Al Owais, Head of the Department of Culture
- Ahmed Burhima, Editor-in-chief of the Theater magazine
- Butti Al Mazloum, Director of Al Heera Literary Council
- Muhammad Al-Buraiki, Editor-in-chief of Al Qwafi magazine
- Nawaf Younis, Editor-in-chief of Sharjah Cultural magazine
- Omar Abdel-Aziz and Mr. Abdel-Fattah Sabry from the Editorial board of Al Rafid magazine
- Mohamed Abdel-Sami, Editorial Secretary of Al Heera from Sharjah magazine, and
- Mohamed Walad Salem, Managing Editor of Al Wusta and Al-Sharqiya magazines