Sharjah: Brining in fundamental changes to the way it operates and grows, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, H.H. Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi has introduced new law regulating the scope of the Sharjah Education Academy (SEA).
The Law No. (4) of 2021 mandates the institute to adopt the English name, “Sharjah Education Academy”, also to be referred as “SEA”.
The new regulations proposes City of Sharjah to be the headquarters of the Academy. The body will be allowed to expand its presence across the region after seeking approval of the Academy’s Board of Trustees.
THE NEWLY ESTABLISHED LAW MANDATES THE INSTITUTE TO;
- Support and Develop the education sector through preparing and qualifying educational staff and educational leaders in the field of education.
- Provide innovative and accredited academic and professional programs at the postgraduate levels: Diploma, Master’s Degree and PhD in the fields of education.
- Provide the latest professional and training programs according to the needs of the educational community.
- Develop and Promote opportunities for scientific research, authorship and translation in the field of education.
- Highlight the educational position of the Emirate and promoting the Academy to be a scientific, cultural and national hub for education.
TO ACHIEVE THE ABOVE-MENTIONED OBJECTIVES, ACCORDING TO THE LAW, THE ACADEMY IS ALLOWED TO;
- Draw up the general policies and strategic plans related to the work of the Academy and necessary for offering educational and training programs, and based on the requirements of the labor market in the field of education.
- Present and Offer academic and professional curricula and programs for educational staff and leaders.
- Grant accredited certificates with academic and professional degrees in accordance with the rules and regulations approved by the Academy.
- Design and Develop educational and training programs that are consistent with the goals of the Academy and in accordance with the educational system adopted by the Academy.
- Provide training, professional development and consultancy services to all members of the educational community.
- Prepare and Finance scientific research and specialized projects in the field of quality education in partnership with national institutions and international organizations approved by the competent authorities.
- Organize scientific and cultural conferences, events and activities related to education inside and outside the Emirate.
- Conclude contracts, agreements, memoranda of understanding and partnerships with academies, universities, institutes, governmental and private organizations, agencies and institutions, locally and internationally.
- Prepare and Qualify staff in the field of scientific research in the field of education.
- Develop the necessary infrastructure for research, education, training and community awareness in line with best practices and approved international standards.
- Work to approve academic and professional programs from the competent authorities.
- Implement any other specialization assigned to the Academy by the Governor.
The new law mandates the Academy to have Arabic and English languages as two official languages for education and training, according to the nature of the programs approved by the Board of Trustees. The Board is also empowered to adopt other languages for education or training in the Academy as required by the nature of the approved programs.
President would be the supreme authority in the Academy who will be further assisted by a board of trustees, and a number of specialized and experienced members. Nominations to these positions will be issued by the Ruler’s decision.
The President of the Academy will appoint a Director for the Academy who will be supported by a number of deputies and heads of departments in their respective fields of specializations.
Most Read: UAE’s most powerful Travel & Tourism domain names are now in Open Market!