Abu Dhabi: The UAE Ministry of Tolerance and Coexistence recently organized a forum titled “Zayed: A Bouquet of Human Values” which shed light on the country’s achievements in the areas of tolerance, coexistence and human fraternity, following the legacy of the late Sheikh Zayed.
Speaking to the attendees of the event, Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Tolerance and Coexistence observed that the theme of the forum, “Zayed: A Bouquet of Human Values”, exemplifies the generosity of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who established the foundations of the UAE and its noble values.
Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan was the founding father and the principal driving force behind the formation of the United Arab Emirates.
Sheikh Nahyan further added that Sheikh Zayed was known for his support for humanitarian and charity work, was always willing to assist needy people around the world, loved everyone, and always aimed to help people at all times.
The event witnessed participation from Mr. Hussain bin Ibrahim Al Hammadi, Minister of Education, along with leaders from the social, humanitarian and academic sectors in the UAE and the Arab region.
It also focused on promoting the values of volunteering, highlighted volunteering experiences from Expo 2020 Dubai, and showcased the work of Emirati humanitarian organizations around the world.
Representatives of the Emirates Red Crescent (ERC), the Zayed Charitable and Humanitarian Foundation (Zayed CHF), Sandooq Al Watan, volunteering teams at Expo 2020 Dubai, and New York-Abu Dhabi University, as well as of family development foundations and community development departments in the country were all part of the event.
Sheikh Nahyan delivered the inauguration speech for the forum which also hosted a speech by Dr. Mohamed Matar Al Kaabi, Chairman of the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowments.
Other prominent attendees of the event included;
- Salem Al Rayes Al Ameri, Deputy Secretary-General for Local Affairs at ERC
- Waleed Al Ali, Advisor at the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiative
- Arlie Petters, Provost of New York University-Abu Dhabi
- Hind Baker, Director-General of Sandooq Al Watan
- Abeer Jassem Al Hosani, Director of the National Fund and Manager of the Expo 2020 Dubai Volunteer Program
- Saeed Hamad Al Shaqsi, Senior Director of Volunteer Recruitment, and
- Afra Al Sabri, Director-General of the Minister of Tolerance and Coexistence Office