Dubai: UAE’s premier government-backed organization to enhance the efficiency of the federal health sector in the country, Emirates Health Services (EHS) recently concluded its participation in the Arab Health 2022 with a series of ground-breaking smart project and product launches.
During the 4-day event organized under the under the slogan ‘A Renewed Vision for Health in the Emirates’, EHS presented 16 innovative smart projects classified under four main categories, in addition to a set of health services powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI), 3D printing, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
At the event which attracted nearly 4,000 exhibiting companies from 60 countries from around the world, the entity established numerous partnerships and collaboration agreements with prominent international health institutions.
EHS’ presentation at the event was designed to showcase its top-quality projects and services, grouped into four specific categories namely, A Healthy Community, Wellbeing, Innovative Treatment Services, and Digital Health.
A HEALTHY COMMUNITY
The authority revealed four innovative projects to promote a healthy society: The Chronic Diseases Project, Communicable Diseases Prediction Platform, “Itma’nan” Platform, and the Vision Test for School Students project.
Emirates Health Services launched three AI-powered projects, namely, Diagnosing Autism in Children Using Artificial Intelligence, Diagnosing Dementia Using Artificial Intelligence, and Using Assistive Technology and Augmentative Communication Devices – all of which were designed to enhance quality of life in Emirati society.
INNOVATIVE TREATMENT SERVICES
EHS announced three new launches under this section which are;
- Cardio-Technology Services, which uses the ‘vascular closure device (Picasso)’ for the first time in the Middle East
- Virtual 3D Maxillofacial Surgery Planning Program and
- AI-Powered Voice Identification Technology, which can be described as AI-powered clinical documentation.
Under this section, EHS unveiled a set of projects;
- The Federal Interoperability Initiative – Integrating Environmental, Health, and Digital Safety Services with Federal Service Bodies
- The PaCE & EHS Leadership Centre Initiative, which includes real-time family management
- The Excellence in Clinical Decision Support, Care Plans, and Demands Initiative, Implementing Knowledge-Based Clinical Decision Support Tools at the Point of Care and
- The smart ‘My Skills System’ project, which supports the institution’s strategy on training and knowledge management.