Dubai: The federal health sector organization, Emirates Health Services (EHS), recently concluded the 3rd Edition of the UAE International Conference on Nursing and Midwifery, held on the 2nd and 3rd of November.
The international conference which was held under the theme ‘Nurses and Midwives: A Key Part of UAE Vision 2071’, coincided with Arab Nurses and Midwives Day. The event highlighted the significance of the profession, and shed light on the tremendous efforts of nursing professionals while recognizing their valuable contributions as a key pillar of the healthcare sector.
Dignitaries who were present at the inauguration of the event included;
- Dr. Yousif Mohammed Al-Serkal, Director-General, EHS
- Dr. Sumaya Mohammed Al Blooshi, Director of Nursing at EHS and Head of the National Committee for Nursing and Midwifery Affairs at the Ministry of Health and Prevention
- Dr. Ali Al Obaidli, Chairman of the UAE National Transplant Committee and
- Dr. Mohammed Alghamdi, Director-General of the Nursing Affairs Department at the Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia
The event also witnessed participation from;
- Dr. Roaa Al-Tawili, Director of the Midwifery Department at the General Department of Nursing and Midwifery Affairs at the Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Jamal Al-Khadoori, Director-General of Nursing Affairs at the Ministry of Health in Oman and
- Dr. Ibrahim Ghaleb Al-Faouri, Professor at the Faculty of Nursing, Department of Community and Mental Health Nursing at the Jordan University of Science and Technology
The EHS Director-General elaborated that, “The event aims to highlight the indispensable role this profession plays, emphasizing the great efforts of nursing professionals and their valuable contributions. They are a pillar of the healthcare sector and an essential player in ensuring universal health coverage in the Arab region and the world.”
“Participants at the Conference discussed best practices in the nursing profession, including training professional nurses in the UAE to use medical information technology, and employing artificial intelligence and advanced technologies to develop the sector and improve healthcare services provided to patients,” Dr. Al-Serkal shared while adding that, “This serves to achieve our strategy at Emirates Health Services to promote community health and provide comprehensive, innovative, and sustainable health services that exceed expectations.”
As a global interactive platform, the UAE International Conference on Nursing and Midwifery offers an opportunity for nurses from around the world to communicate with each other and benefit from research and studies, discussed by prominent experts in the health sector.